Monday 10 December 2012

IT support

My office is directly opposite the post/printing room, which means I am the first port of call for anyone with problems there. I have many conversations like this one.

Lecturer: The photocopier's not working.
Me: Have you checked for a jam? Or reported it?
Lecturer: Can't you do that?
Me: Well, there's a phone right by the copier, with the phone number printed next to it, so that people can report it themselves.
Lecturer: I've got to go to a lecture. [Departs]
Me: *sigh*

2 comments:

  1. I hope the lecturers look after you well at this time of year - you seem to be earning yourself a case of single malt at the very least!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Two bottles of wine, four boxes of Thorntons, home-made preserves, chlili hot chocolate mix!

    ReplyDelete